The Monastery of the Annunciation

About a kilometer downstream from Gornjak, along the modern Žagubica - Petrovac na Mlavi road, the Monastery of the Annunciation is located, although in ruins. The partition wall on the cave has been preserved, which turned it into a hermitage with seven windows and one entrance. The church is dedicated to the Saint Annunciation. The triconch base was later upgraded with an external narthex. It originated in the 14th century, while written sources mentioned it in 1628 for the last time.

 

© 2017-2022 Завичајни музеј Хомоља у Жагубици
Трг Јована Шербановића 5 12320 Жагубица

Free Joomla templates by L.THEME