The Church of the Holy Trinity is located in the center of Žagubica. It was built in the period between 1873 and 1875. It reflects the spirit of romantic historicism. The church is basically a single-nave building with both an altar and side apses and a bell tower. Spatially, it is divided into an altar, a nave, and a narthex with a gallery over which a bell tower has been built.

The church possesses 19 icons painted by Nikola Marković in 1874. In the interior, 23 figures of saints were painted on the north and south walls, but they were repainted by the end of the 20th century. There are also samples of movable icons, liturgical books, objects of applied art, and pieces of church furniture. In the churchyard east of the altar apse, there is a large tombstone in the form of a monument outside the cemetery dating from 1826. By being located in the center of the small town, the church is being quite visited during the days of great holidays, but also on other days during liturgies. Both the church and the churchyard are beautifully arranged. Every year during the days of the local convocation “The Well of Homolje”, the church organizes the convocation of old Serbian songs “Serbian songs since ancient times”. Next to the church, there is a parish home where the priest lives with his family.

© 2017-2022 Завичајни музеј Хомоља у Жагубици
Трг Јована Шербановића 5 12320 Жагубица

Free Joomla templates by L.THEME